ISRO Free Online Course: ISRO Invites Applications from Students for Free Online Courses on Satellite Remote Sensing. Indian Space Research Organisation is offering a free online course called Satellite Remote Sensing of Atmosphere which can be completed in 5 days, check details.
ISRO has invited applications from students for a 5-day free online course called “Satellite Remote Sensing of Atmosphere”. The course, conducted by the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, will be beneficial for professionals, researchers, and students interested in learning the utility of satellite observations in atmospheric studies. Participants will also receive a certificate for the course on the basis of 70 percent attendance. Since there is a limited number of seats, the participants will be admitted on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Top Online Machine Learning Courses for Beginners in 2022
- Fall Guys is Now Free: How To Claim Fall guys for Free?
- ISRO Free Online Course on SAR Data Processing
- How to Earn Money Online?
- Today’s Current Affairs 22 June 2022
What will be covered in ISRO Free Online Course on Satellite Remote Sensing?
The official website says that the course will provide an overview of satellite observation, fog monitoring, rainfall monitoring using visible, infrared, and microwave sensors, types of air pollutants, air pollution episodes, and retrieval of atmospheric parameters from air pollution monitoring. Tropical cyclone tracking among other topics. Some of the topics to be covered over a period of 5 days are as follows:
- Observations on retrieval techniques of atmospheric parameters using satellite data.
- Satellite monitoring of precipitation with visible, infrared, and microwave sensor sensors.
- Satellite remote sensing for fog recovery and monitoring.
- Application of satellite observations to tropical cyclone monitoring.
- Satellite monitoring of particulate matter.
- Monitoring of gaseous air pollutants from satellite observations.
How to Register for ISRO Free Online Course?
Organizations, universities, departments, or institutions interested in participating in ISRO’s free online courses have to identify a coordinator at their level. The identified coordinators will register their institute online as the nodal center on the IIRS website, after which all the participants will have to register themselves online through the registration page by selecting their organization as the nodal center. Those who want to know more are advised to check the official brochure for more details.